Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alice down the rabbit hole!

The journey began with a smooth trip from Portland to Vegas with only 4 hours of sleep, no breakfast, three checked bags and two carry on bags. Once I arrived to Vegas (it was 105 degrees) and had to run all over the airport to get to the rental car office only to find I had lost my drivers license. No license = no car rental....bummer! I got into a taxi and began to cry, the taxi driver said, "It's okay baby girl don't cry." He was a big black man who was so nice and didn't mention once how freaky it was that I had sooooo much luggage.


Once at the hotel they said I could stay as long as I had the credit card I held my reservations with, thank the Lord I did! After getting to my room I called my mom to see if she could get some photo ID to me this week so I could get back home on Friday. As soon as I said hi, the flood gates of an emotionally fatigued starving and sweaty freakness were unleashed. My mom felt bad that she wasn't there to comfort me, but she said, get something to eat, freshen up and everything will be okay. I will bring your passport when I come on Tue and the Lord is with you. He is going to bless your efforts and satan is trying to bring you down, don't let him!

My mom rocks! I did everything she said, plus I thanked the Lord that I still had my wallet. I grabbed a few items and my display for the New Product showcase and media room materials.

One of the college girls that is helping at the show, met me at the convention center and we put the booth together in a 110 degree building. We got light headed several times and had to go out in the lobby to cool off, grab some water and head back into the hot hole.

I think the booth turned out pretty well I will take some updated pics to post soon!

No comments: