Sunday, September 7, 2008

And the winner is.......








I woke up this morning thinking, "oh my word, I actually slept for eight hours in a strange place alone and I feel great"! I got ready to go to the convention center for the press conference this morning before the show opens. You see we were selected to be one of 130 finalist for the Innovation of the year awards. They are voted on by media reps, wholesale reps and retail owners.


As I entered the room my stomach started to ache, I saw that the ten winning products were covered by black cloth and I didn't see a form that looked like mine. I told Rachel who was sitting next to me that it was nice to at least be nominated. They began to announce the winners a food processor that cooks as it blends, a new Madela pump that you can wear on your hip, a tripped out stroller, some high tech baby monitors and then out of the blue I heard them say: and the winner is....The Lindsay Loo Company, I looked up and there was our product being showcased and people were applauding. I jumped up and squealed yay! I walked up to the platform where the president of the JPMA handed me my ribbon, and took a picture in front of the official banner. Then he handed me a beautiful glass etched award shook my hand and I said yay, thank you! As I sat down the president commented that it was nice to have an enthusiastic award winner and that he was very happy for us! I know I can be a cheese ball but it was my genuine reaction.


I had many media reps tell me they wanted an interview for their various magazines. How cool is that? They blew up a picture of our Bibbie's and placed the photo by the front entrance to the show. I still can't believe we are one of the winners! Another winning product company told me they submitted 6 years in a row and this was the first time they had won. I feel blessed and hopeful that this thing will fly. Here's to hopin and prayin!


Thank you to all of my friends for your help, support and mostly your prayers. Even though I arrived here alone, I felt like you were all with me, thank you I am so grateful you are all in my life!






8 comments:

Kristi R said...

That is so great that you won the award!!!! I do have to tell you that Russ told me this morning at church!! I've been praying for you and I know you'll have a great time and tons of success down there! You're adorable in your pictures too! Call me if you can - I know you're crazy busy while you're there!

Julie D. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just left you a message...i'm so excited for you!!! Praying for your week. As busy as it is, enjoy this week...you deserve it...you've worked so hard to get to this point. we are so proud of you, lindsay.

Shannon said...

Lindsay,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Russ told me at church too! He was so excited and you could see his pride BEAMING!

Can't wait to hear more stories!

Russ Lucas said...

YES I AM PROUD!

Russ Lucas said...

I just thought my wife was a actress, singer, dancer, woman of God, and drop dead knock out! I guess she is also an inventor, entrepreneur, saleswoman, accountant and CEO. Gosh you think you know a person . . .

ashleys said...

I am so excited for you! Way to go - wish I could be there with you! Can't wait to hear all the details. I will keep prating for the rest of the week - hope you get to have some fun. YAY!!

JJ Lucas said...

Lindsay!! Congratulations!! This is awesome!! Your booth looks so good with all your products - we're proud of you!!! We'll be thinking of you this week, and excited to see more updates!!!

Brittany Brahmer said...

WOOO HOOOOO- YOu deserve it girl! That is amazing!!!!! Get ready, cause you are going to be BIG TIME my dear! I'll say I knew you when =)